When it comes to enhancing the accuracy and versatility of my Glock 43x MOS, the search for the best red dot for Glock 43x has been nothing short of a quest for perfection.
As an avid firearm enthusiast, I understand the significance of finding the optimal red dot sight to complement the compact and reliable Glock 43x MOS.
In this post, I’ve delved into the world of red dot sights, considering factors like precision, durability, and ease of use.
I explore and review some of the top contenders to determine which red dot sight truly stands out as the best companion for your Glock 43x MOS.
Top 6 Best Red Dot for Glock 43x MOS
1. HOLOSUN HS507K – Best Overall
Rated: 4.7/5 ⭐️ 2,008 ratings
The HOLOSUN HS507 series is a line of miniature open reflex optical sights, designed for use on Glock 43 and other firearms. These sights are well-regarded for their durability, clarity, and versatility, and they come equipped with a variety of features that make them popular among firearms enthusiasts.
- Multi-Reticle System (MRS): This allows users to choose between a 2 MOA dot only, 32 MOA ring only, or a combination of the two, offering flexibility for different shooting scenarios.
- Solar Failsafe: This technology ensures the red dot sight remains powered in all light conditions, automatically adjusting brightness levels based on ambient lighting conditions.
- Shake Awake Technology: The sight can automatically enter a sleep mode to preserve battery life, waking up at the slightest movement.
- Unlimited Eye Relief: This feature enhances the usability of the sight, ensuring rapid target acquisition and a wide sight picture without the need for perfect alignment.
- Parallax-Free Design: This allows the aim point to stay on target, regardless of eye position.
- CNC Machined Housing: This ensures the sight can withstand harsh conditions and recoil from powerful firearms.
- Reticle: Red X with Red Shake Awake
- Battery: CR1632 (included)
- Battery life: Up to 50,000 hours
- Optics: Multilayer reflective glass
- Housing: 7075 aluminum
- Footprint: Holosun K
- Dimensions: 2.2 x 1.5 x 1.1 inches
- Weight: 1.1 ounces
- Features: Shake Awake, Multiple Reticle System, CCW IP67 Waterproof
The compact design of the HS507K caught my eye, making it a perfect for concealed carry.
One of the standout features for me is the crisp and clear reticle. The 2 MOA dot provides quick target acquisition without obstructing the view. The sight also offers a multi-reticle system, allowing me to switch between the dot and circle-dot reticles based on my preference and shooting scenario.
The solar fail-safe feature is a notable advantage. The sight automatically switches to solar mode in bright conditions, utilizing ambient light to power the sight.
The durable construction of the HS507K is evident. The sight feels robust, and the shake-resistant housing ensures that it can withstand recoil and rough handling. The sight has held zero consistently, even after multiple rounds downrange.
The ease of installation and zeroing was another positive aspect of my experience. The included tool made it simple to mount the sight securely, and the adjustments were precise and straightforward.
My experience with the HOLOSUN HS507K has been overwhelmingly positive. Its compact size, clear reticle options, solar fail-safe feature, efficient battery life, and durable construction make it a reliable companion for both concealed carry and range sessions. It has undoubtedly enhanced my shooting capabilities.
Get it from Amazon now: less than $300 & FREE Returns
2. Trijicon RMRcc
Rated: 4.1/5 ⭐️ 210 ratings
The Trijicon RMRcc (Ruggedized Miniature Reflex for Concealed Carry) is a compact, rugged, and dependable red dot sight designed specifically for concealed carry and slim-profile pistols. The RMRcc provides a bright, illuminated aiming point for instant, accurate target acquisition.
- Compact Design: The RMRcc has a thin profile that fits more concealed carry-style pistols, matching the slide’s width for optimal mounting and minimal printing.
- Durability: The RMRcc is built to the same tough standards as the larger RMR. It’s designed to withstand recoil and impact and is waterproof up to 20 meters (66 feet).
- Illuminated Reticle: The RMRcc uses an illuminated reticle powered by a standard CR2032 battery to provide a consistently bright aiming point.
- Adjustable LED Models: These models offer eight different brightness settings, including two night vision-compatible settings.
- Button Lockout Mode: This sets the RMRcc into automatic mode to prevent accidental adjustments.
- Multiple Mounting Options: The sight is compatible with most popular red dot-ready pistols and dedicated slides.
- Objective lens diameter: 13mm
- Objective window size: 0.76 x 0.56 inches
- Reticle: 3.25 or 6.5 MOA
- Illumination type: LED
- Illumination settings: 8 (including 1 super bright mode and 2 night vision modes)
- Battery life: Up to 4 years (at setting 4 of 8)
- Battery type: CR2032
- Dimensions: 1.8 x 0.95 x 0.97 inches
- Weight: 1 ounce
- Material: 7075-T6 forged aluminum
- Color: Matte black
One of the standout features for me was the exceptional durability of the RMRcc. Constructed with rugged materials, it gave me confidence that it could handle the demands of everyday carry. The sight held zero consistently, even after putting my firearm through various drills and scenarios.
The crisp, clear reticle was another aspect that greatly contributed to my positive experience. The 3.25 MOA dot provided a precise aiming point without obstructing my view of the target. This became especially crucial during quick target acquisitions, allowing for faster and more accurate shots.
The battery life of the RMRcc was surprisingly impressive. I appreciated not having to worry about constantly changing batteries, providing a sense of reliability for my everyday carry setup. The ease of access to the battery compartment was also a thoughtful design feature.
The intuitive controls of the RMRcc made it easy to adjust brightness levels on the fly, accommodating different lighting conditions seamlessly. The sight’s automatic adjustment to ambient light further enhanced its adaptability, ensuring optimal visibility in any situation.
Mounting the RMRcc was a straightforward process, and its compatibility with a variety of mounting solutions added to its versatility. This made it convenient for me to integrate the sight into my existing setup without much hassle.
Get it from Amazon now: less than $450 & FREE Returns
3. Shield Sights RMSc
Rated: 4.1/5 ⭐️ 20 ratings
The Shield Sights RMSc (Reflex Mini Sight Compact) is a compact, robust, and lightweight sight designed for subcompact and compact pistols. Shield Sights, a UK-based company, has a strong reputation for producing high-quality optics, and the RMSc is no exception. It’s designed specifically for everyday carry (EDC) and concealed carry firearms.
- Compact Design: The RMSc is designed with a slim profile to ensure minimal interference with holsters and a low print for concealed carry.
- Durability: The sight is built from aerospace-grade aluminum, offering robustness and resistance to shock and impact. The lens is made from toughened polymer for added resilience.
- Illuminated Reticle: The RMSc uses an LED red dot for a clear, bright aiming point. It is available in 4 MOA or 8 MOA dot size options.
- Battery Life: The sight uses a single CR2032 battery, which typically provides over 2-3 years of continuous use.
- Automatic Brightness Adjustment: The sight automatically adjusts the brightness of the red dot based on ambient light conditions.
- Parallax Free: Offering a parallax-free design, the sight allows for rapid target acquisition.
- Dimensions: 1.35 inches (W) x 1.1 inches (H) x 0.5 inches (D)
- Weight: 0.7 ounces
- Objective lens diameter: 20mm
- Eye relief: Unlimited
- Field of view: 32.5 degrees
- Battery life: Up to 50,000 hours
- Red dot size: 4 MOA
- Finish: Black or Flat Dark Earth
As I grasp the Shield Sights RMSc red dot sight in my hands, the first thing that strikes me is its compact and lightweight design. Mounting it on my firearm, I appreciate how seamlessly it integrates into the overall profile without adding unnecessary bulk. The sleek and low-profile construction not only enhances the aesthetics but also contributes to a quick and natural sight picture.
One of the standout features is the crisp and clear red dot reticle. The sight offers a parallax-free viewing experience, ensuring that the dot stays on target regardless of the angle at which I’m looking through the sight. The brightness adjustment settings cater to various lighting conditions, allowing me to adapt quickly whether I’m in a dimly lit environment or under the bright sun.
In terms of durability, the Shield Sights RMSc proves to be robust. The rugged construction instills confidence, and the sight holds up well against recoil and harsh environmental conditions. This reliability is crucial for maintaining accuracy and consistency, especially in dynamic shooting situations.
The user-friendly controls make operation intuitive. The simple button layout for brightness adjustments and on/off functions ensures that I can make changes swiftly without fumbling. The extended battery life is another practical feature, providing extended usage without the constant need for replacements.
One aspect that pleasantly surprised me is the wide field of view. The sight’s lens provides a generous viewing area, allowing for quick target acquisition and tracking. This, coupled with the responsive adjustments, significantly enhances my overall shooting experience.
Get it from Amazon now: less than $400 & FREE Returns
4. Swampfox Sentinel Micro Reflex
Rated: 4.3/5 ⭐️ 639 ratings
The Swampfox Sentinel is a micro reflex sight designed for concealed carry and subcompact defensive firearms. It’s a highly compact and robust optic solution that doesn’t compromise on performance, offering users a quick and clear sight picture for quick target acquisition.
- Compact Design: The Sentinel is designed to be unobtrusive and perfect for concealed carry, fitting a variety of compact and subcompact pistols.
- Durability: The sight is robust, made from 7075 aluminum and featuring a scratch-resistant, anti-glare lens coating. It’s also shockproof and waterproof.
- Illuminated Reticle: The Sentinel offers a 3 MOA red dot reticle, providing a clear aiming point.
- Battery Life: The sight boasts impressive battery life, often lasting up to 2 years on the lower brightness settings.
- Automatic Brightness Adjustment: The Sentinel-Auto version adjusts the brightness of the reticle based on ambient light conditions. The Sentinel-Manual version allows manual adjustment of the reticle brightness.
- Shake ‘N Wake Technology: The sight enters sleep mode when stationary for 4 minutes but reactivates instantly with the slightest movement, preserving battery life.
- Magnification: 1x
- Objective lens diameter: 16mm
- Eye relief: Unlimited
- Field of view: 60 degrees
- Dot size: 3 MOA or 6 MOA
- Illumination: Automatic or manual
- Battery life: Up to 2 years
- Weight: 1.1 ounces
- Dimensions: 2.3 x 1.5 x 1.1 inches
- Mount: RMSc footprint
The first thing that caught my attention was its compact design. It’s incredibly lightweight and doesn’t add much bulk to my firearm, which is perfect for maintaining a sleek and streamlined look.
Mounting the Sentinel was a breeze. The included Picatinny mount secured it firmly in place, and the low-profile design sits snugly on my pistol without obstructing the sight picture. The sight’s robust construction instills confidence, and it feels like it can handle the recoil without any issues.
The 3 MOA dot is crisp and bright, providing a clear point of aim. The sight offers multiple brightness settings, allowing me to adjust it according to the ambient lighting conditions. The auto-dimming feature is a nice touch, ensuring optimal brightness in various situations without manual adjustments.
I particularly appreciate the large sight window, which allows for quick target acquisition. The wide field of view enhances situational awareness, making it easier to track multiple targets. The parallax-free design ensures that the dot stays on target, regardless of my eye position, providing a consistent and reliable aiming point.
The battery life on the Sentinel is impressive. I’ve been using it regularly, and the CR2032 battery seems to last forever. The side-loading battery compartment is convenient, eliminating the need to remove the sight for battery replacement.
One of the standout features is the Shake ‘N Wake motion sensing technology. The sight goes to sleep after a period of inactivity and instantly wakes up with the slightest movement. This not only extends battery life but also ensures that the sight is always ready when I need it.
Get it from Amazon now: less than $200 & FREE Returns
5. Sig Sauer RomeoZero
Rated: 4.3/5 ⭐️ 2,526 ratings
The Sig Sauer RomeoZero is a micro reflex sight designed specifically for compact and sub-compact pistols. As one of the leading manufacturers of firearms and firearm accessories, Sig Sauer has a reputation for quality and performance, and the RomeoZero is no exception.
- Compact Design: The RomeoZero is a highly compact sight, perfect for slim profile pistols and concealed carry. It’s one of the lightest red dot sights available, reducing the overall weight of the firearm.
- Durability: The sight is built with a polymer housing and lens, which provides a unique balance of lightness and durability. It’s also shock resistant.
- Illuminated Reticle: The RomeoZero offers a 3 MOA or 6 MOA red dot reticle, providing a clear aiming point.
- Battery Life: The sight uses a CR1632 battery, which provides up to 20,000 hours of runtime, reducing the frequency of battery changes.
- SpectraCoat HD Lens: The RomeoZero uses a SpectraCoat HD lens system for high-definition clarity and superior light transmission.
- MOTAC (Motion Activated Illumination): This technology powers up the sight when it senses motion and powers down when it does not, extending the battery life.
- Magnification: 1x
- Objective lens diameter: 24mm
- Reticle: 3 MOA red dot or 6 MOA red dot
- Battery: 1x CR1632
- Battery life: Up to 20,000 hours
- Brightness settings: 8 daytime, 2 night
- Motion activated illumination (MOTAC): Yes
- Parallax free: Yes
- Housing material: WeaponsGrade textured polymer
- Lens material: SpectraCoat HD Polymer
- Weight: 0.4 ounces (14 grams)
- Dimensions: 1.6 x 0.93 x 0.93 inches
- Footprint: ROMEOZero, Shield RMSc, and J-Point
One of the standout features for me was the crisp and clear 3 MOA red dot. The sight picture was remarkably sharp, allowing for quick and precise target acquisition. Whether I was engaging targets at various distances or transitioning between them rapidly, the RomeoZero provided a consistently clear and parallax-free view.
The motion-activated illumination feature was a game-changer in terms of efficiency. The moment I picked up my firearm, the sight came to life, ready for action. This not only saved battery life but also ensured that the sight was always at the optimal brightness for the ambient lighting conditions.
Durability is a key factor for any optic, and the RomeoZero did not disappoint. Constructed with a rugged housing, it demonstrated resilience against recoil and environmental factors. I appreciated the waterproof and fog-proof design, providing peace of mind in diverse weather conditions.
Adjusting the windage and elevation was straightforward, thanks to the accessible controls. The tactile clicks were precise, allowing me to zero in with confidence. The battery compartment, conveniently located on the top, made it easy to replace the battery without having to remove the sight from the firearm.
Get it from Amazon now: less than $150 & FREE Returns
6. HOLOSUN EPS Carry
Rated: 4.6/5 ⭐️ 48 ratings
The Holosun EPS Carry is a compact, enclosed pistol sight that is designed for use on concealed carry firearms. It is one of the smallest and lightest enclosed pistol sights on the market, making it an ideal choice for subcompact and micro-compact pistols.
- Ultra-low dot height: The EPS Carry’s dot height is one of the lowest of any enclosed pistol sight, making it compatible with most factory iron sights. This allows you to co-witness your iron sights and red dot sight, giving you a backup sighting system in case your red dot sight fails.
- Multiple reticle options: The EPS Carry is available with a 2 MOA dot reticle, a 6 MOA dot reticle, or a multi-reticle system (MRS). The MRS system allows you to switch between a 2 MOA dot reticle, a 6 MOA dot reticle, and a 32 MOA circle reticle, making it a versatile option for a variety of shooting situations.
- Shake Awake technology: The EPS Carry features Shake Awake technology, which automatically turns on the red dot sight when it senses movement. This helps to conserve battery life and ensures that your red dot sight is always ready when you need it.
- Long battery life: The EPS Carry uses a single CR1620 lithium battery, which provides up to 50,000 hours of battery life on the lowest setting. This means that you can go years without having to change the battery, even if you use your red dot sight heavily.
- Durable construction: The EPS Carry is constructed from durable 7075 aluminum and is IP67 waterproof and dustproof. This makes it a rugged and reliable red dot sight that can withstand the rigors of concealed carry.
- Reticle: 2 MOA dot
- Battery life: Up to 50,000 hours
- Lens coating: Aspheric glass with zero distortion
- Shake Awake technology: Automatically turns on the sight when it senses movement
- Last setting recall: The sight remembers the last brightness setting used
- IPX8 waterproof: Resistant to water and dust
- Footprint: Holosun K
- Dimensions: 1.62 x .95 x 1.07 inches
- Weight: 1 ounce
One of the standout features for me was its compact design. The sight is incredibly lightweight and low-profile, making it ideal for a carry optic. It doesn’t add much bulk to the firearm, which is a crucial factor for those who prioritize concealed carry or a streamlined shooting setup.
Setting up the EPS Carry was a breeze. The quick-detach mount made installation straightforward, and the sight held zero exceptionally well. I appreciated the tool-less battery compartment, as it allowed for swift and easy battery changes without the need for extra tools.
In terms of performance, the sight provided a clear and crisp reticle. The large field of view allowed for quick target acquisition, and the red dot was bright enough to remain visible in various lighting conditions. The shake awake feature was a nice touch, ensuring that the sight activated when I needed it and conserved battery life when not in use.
Durability is always a concern, especially for everyday carry items. The EPS Carry seemed robust and well-built, capable of withstanding the rigors of daily use. The rugged construction instilled confidence in its ability to endure the bumps and knocks that often come with carrying a firearm.
Get it from Amazon now: less than $350 & FREE Returns
How to Choose the Best Red Dot for Glock 43x MOS?
Size and weight: The Glock 43X MOS is a subcompact pistol, so you’ll want to choose a red dot that is similarly sized and weighted. A bulky or heavy optic can make the pistol feel unbalanced and unwieldy.
Reticle: Red dots come with a variety of reticle options, such as a simple dot, a circle-dot, or a crosshair. Choose a reticle that you find easy to acquire and use effectively.
Battery life: Red dots are powered by batteries, so you’ll want to choose one with a long battery life. Some red dots have solar panels or motion-activated features to extend battery life.
Durability: Red dots are subjected to recoil and other harsh conditions, so you’ll want to choose one that is built to withstand abuse. Look for sights with durable construction and waterproof, fog-proof, and shockproof features.
Mounting options: The Glock 43X MOS has a specific mounting platform for optics. Some red dot sights may require adapter plates, so make sure you have the correct plate for your sight or that it comes with the sight.
Price: Red dots can range in price from a few hundred dollars to over a thousand dollars. Set a budget before you start shopping so you don’t overspend.
Glock 43X Red Dot FAQs
Q: What red dot sights are compatible with the Glock 43x?
The compatibility of red dot sights with the Glock 43x can vary, but popular choices include those with a slim and compact design. Some commonly used models for the Glock 43x include the Trijicon RMR, Shield RMS, and the Holosun HS507K.
Q: How do I install a red dot sight on my Glock 43x?
Installing a red dot sight on a Glock 43x typically involves removing the rear sight and attaching a specific mounting plate compatible with your chosen sight. Most manufacturers provide detailed instructions for installation. Ensure that you have the necessary tools and follow the manufacturer’s guidelines to maintain proper alignment and secure attachment.
Q: Does adding a red dot sight affect the concealability of the Glock 43x?
In general, adding a red dot sight to a Glock 43x can minimally impact concealability due to the slight increase in height. However, many manufacturers design compact red dot sights with concealed carry in mind, aiming to keep the overall profile as low as possible.
Q: What is the battery life of red dot sights for the Glock 43x?
Battery life varies among different red dot sight models. It’s important to check the specifications of the specific sight you choose. Many sights designed for concealed carry handguns offer extended battery life and may include features like motion activation or solar power to conserve energy.
Q: Can I co-witness iron sights with a red dot sight on the Glock 43x?
Co-witnessing allows you to use both the iron sights and the red dot simultaneously. Some red dot sights are designed to co-witness with the Glock 43x’s factory iron sights. Ensure that your chosen red dot sight and mounting solution support co-witnessing if this is a feature you desire.
Q: Are there holster options available for Glock 43x with a red dot sight?
Yes, many holster manufacturers offer options specifically designed to accommodate Glock 43x handguns equipped with red dot sights. When selecting a holster, ensure that it is compatible with the specific red dot sight and any additional attachments you may have on your Glock 43x. Some popular holster brands include StealthGearUSA, Vedder Holsters, and CrossBreed Holsters.
In conclusion, the HOLOSUN HS507K Red Dot unquestionably stands out as the best red dot sight for Glock 43x enthusiasts. Its impressive blend of precision, durability, and user-friendly features truly enhances the shooting experience.
With a compact design tailored to the Glock 43x’s dimensions, the HS507K ensures seamless integration while offering a crystal-clear sight picture. As avid firearm enthusiasts, I wholeheartedly recommend exploring the advantages of this exceptional red dot sight.
To delve deeper into the world of firearm accessories, I urge you to follow and read other informative articles available at WeaponSpecialist. Stay informed, stay safe, and elevate your shooting proficiency.
Shelly Jark Drakny is a retired SF weapons sergeant (E-5 or above) with a military occupational specialty (MOS) code 18B. He served 24 years in the military, including assignments in SF, Infantry, and Special Forces.